As of Wednesday, all brands have the opportunity to make their Facebook Page run Timeline. Though it’s not mandatory yet, it well be at the end of the month, so you should at least familiarize yourself with it now. For those of you excited to take full advantage of all Timeline has to offer your band, I have a few suggestions.
- Familiarize yourself with the layout, and preview everything before you hit that Publish button.
- If you have the ability, create a photo specific to your cover. Include any new promotions, albums, singles or show dates. Don’t make it too text-heavy, though; one announcement is sufficient.
- Do NOT tell your fans to Like your Page in the Cover. This is against Facebook’s rules.
- Make your info a little longer, because its new location gives you more space at the top of the Page.
- Fill out key dates and events in your band’s history. Timeline gives you the opportunity to highlight big shows, events, album releases, etc.
- Keep in mind that dynamic and engaging content is more important than ever, because you no longer have a landing tab to work with.
- Again, proof everything before you publish! You don’t want something reaching your fans before you are ready?
Have any of you already activated Timeline? Share your links and tips in the comments section. If you have any questions, leave them there, too!
Powered by Facebook Comments